Proper stock management is essential for providing medicines to patients when and where they need them. This is especially important for people living with HIV because treatment is a lifelong commitment and adherence is critical to good outcomes. Pharmacists must be able to track, analyze, and manage stock information to prevent stock-outs, overstocks, and stock expiring on the shelf. Clinicians must be able to need to track dispensing of medications to ensure optimum patient care.
What Is RxSolution?
RxSolution is an electronic pharmaceutical management system used to manage inventory, purchase orders, stock issues to health facilities, and medication dispensing. RxSolution enables integrated stock management by—
- Monitoring the quantities of stock requested, ordered, received, and distributed
- Recommending quantities of stock to be ordered based on historical data
- Tracking batch/lot and expiry dates for all stock
- Tracking dispensing information for prescribers, dispensers, and patients
- Monitoring and controlling the movement of stock among institutions
- Inventory best practices: facilitates use of industry-established best practices for stock management
- Comprehensive management system: enables management of data and information across all stages of stock lifecycle
- Cost controls: provides cost, pricing, and budget management tools
- Patient management system: allows management of complete patient information, including prescriptions and referrals
- Multiple user access: allows multiple users to work on the same database at the same time
- Built-in reporting for medicine usage: enables users to report adverse drug events, medication errors, and drug usage information
- Importable/exportable databases: allows data to be transferred to Excel and other platforms
- Multi-currency support: supports transactions across multiple currencies
- Adjustable modules and user privileges: allows modules to be added or removed and user access to be restricted
- Not web-based
- Has to be integrated into an existing financial package to get complete health management information system experience
Available in English and French
Where it has been applied
South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland, Namibia and Uganda. Currently, the system is running at more than 200 sites.