Although international guidelines for tuberculosis (TB) control are standardized, country TB programs are often unable to properly manage the data needed for following the guidelines, resulting in poorly timed interventions.
The emergence of drug‐resistant TB (DR-TB) has made it more difficult to manage cases and medicines, increasing the need for tools that effectively monitor diagnosing and prescribing practices and patient use, while also ensuring uninterrupted availability of TB medicines.
What Is e-TB Manager?
e-TB Manager is a web or desktop-based tool for managing all the information needed by national TB control programs. It integrates data across all aspects of TB control, including information on suspected cases, patients, medicines, laboratory testing, diagnosis, treatment, and outcome.
- Individual case monitoring: enables providers to manage susceptible TB, DR-TB, TB-HIV, and pediatric TB cases from diagnosis to treatment outcome through WHO guidelines that include:
- Comprehensive first‐ and second‐line medicines management: allows ordering, distribution, dispensing, forecasting, and tracks inventory by batch number and expiry date at all levels.
- Comprehensive reporting: covering all WHO reports that are accessible at all levels and easily customizable to include country specific reports and indicators.
- Operational and clinical research facility: provides methods for analyzing data, including drug utilization reviews, drug resistance patterns, treatment costs, and easy data exporting to other statistical programs.
- Access across health system: allows TB teams at all levels from health care providers to government officials to access individual and consolidated data for evaluating system performance across facilities and regions.
- User friendly Dashboards and Mobile/tablet responsive: the user interface automatically adapts itself to the size of the device’s screen; updated dashboards that are user-friendly
- Adjustable user privileges:allows user access to data and modules to be regulated.
- Offline mode: e-TB Manager can be installed in health facilities with no or an intermittent Internet connection. All data are stored in the local hard drive of the computer, and when an Internet connection is available, the offline version will synchronize with the web version
- Open access and interoperable: developed with open source tools to enable countries to customize the program to fit particular country needs without requiring specific licensing. Uses a comprehensive application programming interface that allows third-party software to integrate with e-TB Manager
- East, South and West Africa
- Europe and Central Asia
- South Asia
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- Other: Armenian, Azerbaijani, Bahasa Indonesia, Chinese, Ukrainian, Khmer, Romanian, Uzbek, Vietnamese