This week, SIAPS joins delegates from all over the globe for the 46th Union World Conference on Lung Health (#WCLH2015), in Cape Town, South Africa.
At this year’s conference, SIAPS staff will present at several sessions focusing on how strong pharmaceutical systems support efforts to end TB including increasing access to TB medicines, expanding pharmacovigilance systems, advancing patient-centered care, and introducing new TB medicines and regimens.
Thursday, December 3
- Workshop: Pharmacovigilance for bedaquiline, delamanid and other TB drugs and regimens (Presenters: Chinwe Owunna, Niranjan Konduri)
- Workshop: Access to TB medicines beyond 2015: The dynamics of demand and supply (Presenters: Joel Keravec, Luis Gustavo Bastos, Salama Mwatawala, Charles Njuguna, Maya Kavataradze)
- Workshop: Ensuring MDR-TB patient information and adherence counselling is a key part of patient-centered care (Presenter: Antonia Kwiecien)
- Workshop: WHO consolidated guidelines for treatment of tuberculosis (Presenter: Antonia Kwiecien)
Friday, December 4
- Symposium: Managing pharmacovigilance systems: Optimising the rational use of new TB medicines and novel regimens (Presenters: Antonia Kwiecien, Kanjinga Kakanda)
- Poster sessions:
Sunday, December 6
- Symposium: The role of cost-effectiveness in achieving the End TB Strategy (Presenters: Chinwe Owunna, Edmund Rutta)