Recently, the members of the Getting Health Products to People: Alliance for Health Logistics—that seeks to improve health product availability throughout Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC)—produced a high-level infographic for health policymakers. Using this new material, the Alliance members will jointly encourage countries to invest—not only in procuring essential medicines—but also in the public health supply chains that deliver these products to the people who need them.
The graphic demonstrates that by committing between .05-.33 cents to supply chains for every US$ dollar invested in products, countries can strengthen their health programs, better serve their customers, and help meet their development goals.
- USAID | DELIVER PROJECT
- Inter-American Development Bank (IDB)
- IDB Salud Mesoamerica 2015 Initiative
- Reproductive Health Supplies Coalition (RHSC)
- RHSC Latin American and Caribbean Forum
- Pan American Health Organization
- Population Services International
- International Planned Parenthood Federation
- Management Sciences for Health
- Supply Chain Management Systems
- United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
- United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
- United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA).